Monday, July 09, 2007

Back from a period of slacking...

Just realised to my horror that i actually have not blogged a single entry since my HK trip in June. Been too lazy slacking ard and enjoying my all night MJ sessions with Cao and Nv Ren.

Well, shall tok a bit abt my HK trip now, since it ranks among the top 5 questions ppl ask me now when they meet me. FYI, the top 5 questions ppl ask a Winston when they see one is as follows:

1) How's your HK Trip?
2) When are you getting married?
3) Where you going to work after you ORD?
4) Are you still with your whoever?
5) You are Wilson right?

Well anyway, I think i really do not like HK all tat much at all. First of all, the food there is really oily....even their porridge.....(had a bowl of frog porridge there and it was incredibly oily.....dun noe how they manage to put so much oil in almost anything they cook..) Dim Sum was gd as expected but you can't expect me to eat that for all 7 days right? Think mebbe i had bad karma or sth.. Definitely did not find any food there that characterises HK which I will miss once i come back to good old singapore.

Another thing is the people there are perpetually in 'rushed' mode, where everyone is impatient (even when having meals). They gave me a feeling that they all got a world to save, and if they dun turn up in time, time itself would collapse and die.... Thus poor old me who probably failed Catonese 1101, had to put up with very rude behaviour when ordering food, or buying stuff. Even though some HKers there can speak fluently in both English and Chinese still continue to speak in cantonese to me even though i had problem replying to them. After that, they will still show a very 'black' face when we are done... Think this was a good experience / culture shock for me. I am not saying that I am stereotyped now or anything, but I would not want to put someone else in my shoes. (I think all of us should treat foreigners n singapore nicely and make them feel at home. We shld be a nice host!! :) Just a simple smile or a word of thanx would probably make their day.....At least it would have made mine)

Anyway, mebbe it is just the personal experience which sort of spoiled the fun of the trip. The branded apparels there are priced lower than singapore's so you can get good bargains there. Also, I kinda liked the Disneyland on Lantau island, even though many people always luv to insult it, comparing to the Paris Disneyland, or Tokyo Disneyland. Personally I feel that everyone of these theme parks have absorbed some of the culture native to the country and each theme park will probably give u a different experience. Pics will be uploaded shortly to my multiply site. Some will be published here as well. Enuff random ramblings....

No comments: